Tuesday, March 26, 2013

When Fairy Tale Experiences Occur...at least for me!


When Fairy Tale Experiences Occur...at least for me!

cnwriterBy cnwriter, 26th Mar 2013 Short URL http://nut.bz/32iuzb8h/
Posted in Wikinut>Writing>Poetry
We all, at least most of us, have fond memories of days of yore when we were young and full of joy. When we saw magic happening all around and everything was an adventure. This piece is about such a lady and her memories.....

Lovely Experiences

I grew up in Coventry and we used to go to Devil's Dungeon in the woods of Sherwood that run through Middle England from Nottingham all the way down across the mid-lands. We would walk in these woods, pick bluebells and, in the winter, sleigh up and down the steep sides of the Dungeon.

I moved to live in London and had many adventures there but one of the loveliest experiences was when my brother and I lived in St. John's Wood atop the tube station! I had found an unfurnished flat there...well I paid 500 pounds sterling for a desk and table but to find a two bedroom unfurnished flat in 1971 was something rare!

We would go awalking on Hampstead Heath and I wrote a poem about those fun days!

A Magical Fairyland indeed.....

Hampstead Heath is a wonderful fairyland filled with trees and plants and flowers where you can wander for hours and find all sorts of magical happenings. The bird life and the insect life carry on their daily routines and you have to walk silently. There are byways that seem unexplored because there the timelessness can be felt.
Nymphs and Shepherds Come Away...from youtube     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Xla75O0L4
The Heath has been around for what seems ever and there is a wonderful series called Duncton Wood by William Horwood who wrote about the sacred Burrows of Uffington and insiders know that it is based on Hampstead Heath and the animal life there.

Tripping on Hampstead Heath

On the Heath let’s go and play
Especially on a wintry day

When dazzling snow covers trees and ground
And children come and ring around
Up and down the slopes they slide


My bro and me in times long gone
Skipped the light fantastic at least we tried

Up the hill and down again
Sang of the merry Wizard of Oz

and so it was

credits

write herebest site on the net

Read more of my pages from erotica to spirituality and most things inbetween and here some for you
hereTruth Stands Alone!
hereThe Jokes On You..or Me maybe
herePlayers On The Stage of Life We Be
hereOde to Karmic Relationships

my website: http://carolan328.wix.com/cnwriter

Meet the author
cnwriter
I have been writing on food, wine, travel, cosmic creation and erotica for over 30 years I do horoscopes and numerology and readings.










No comments:

Post a Comment