Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lifetimes...At the Court of the Czar

In the Court

I stood at the top of the staircase the icy green emeralds around my neck felt like knives digging into my skin reaching down into my heart. They had helped bring about my betrayal. Given to me by one who loved me but another cause oor envy by the woman who lorded herself over all the Csarina herself.

I was a member of the royal court a quite lowly lady in waiting but my stature and bearing brought many envious looks from others. They would look at me jealousy in the eyes of the women, lust in the eyes of the courtiers.

Learning to be Watchful

Since a young infant I had learned to be watchful my mother herself a lady in waiting had taught me well. The little nuances of movement, the flicker of an eyelid all signs to be aware of especially in the machinations of the political and uneasy atmosphere of the royal court. Even at an early age I had noticed the veiled looks directed towards me and in my ignorance thought they were loving. I soon learned differently when they would deliberately push by me and pull my hair and trip me up. Of course effusively they would apologise but with my inner sight I saw the hatred in most of their faces hidden behind a smirk or smile. I did not understand and asked my beautiful mother why this was.

She drew me closely to her and told me that I had the second sight and people sensed it and hated me for it. I cried for I wanted to be loved just as other little girls were. My mother stroked my hair and told me that I would have to learn to accept myself as I was and not allow others to upset me. I looked up at her and her lovely face beamed down at me tears in her eyes for she knew my life would not be easy.

A Portrait comes to Life

Many days I spent with a little friend Andrei was his name and his tawny hair and large black eyes delighted me. We would find our way to the many rooms on the upper floors of the palace and run through them stirring up great clouds of dust as we ran by that would settle back with what seemed a great sigh. The rooms were filled with furniture of a by gone age and portraits of royal dukes and duchesses lay against the walls long forgotten now.

One portrait caught my eye and I stood in front of it wondering why. It was as if the painted lady came alive...she smiled at me her enormous amber eyes filled with love. Inside me I heard her voice telling me that it was myself in another time period. I jumped back in shock and Andrei came running over to me. He too heard the voice of the beautiful lady. He held my hand tightly and we stood there together bewildered but not frightened. Soon the voice stopped and the light faded from the painted lady's eyes. Later I told my mother of this and she just smiled at me.

My Gift of Seeing and My Ending

Years passed and my gift to see what people were really thinking beyond their words and actions grew stronger and I often was dismayed at their duplicity and I sensed they knew I could see this. Their hatred grew towards me and did the Czarina 's. Her envy of my white skin and auburn hair especially my necklace of emeralds knew no bounds and a plot was devised to send me from court. A web of deceit concerning one of the young princes of the court was concocted with me as the seductress and the Czarina had many supporters who were willing to lie against me.

So I waited at the top of the great staircase knowing that this would be my last day there. I felt a movement behind me then cold hands pushed against my back and I felt the point of a knife enter my heart. I fell rolling down the never ending stairs darkness gathered in my sight and I knew the end was nie. A long shudder passed through my body and as I breathed my last a great light appeared in my inner vision. I heard the painted lady again welcoming me home I smiled and it was over.

credits

write for wikinut here

Google for the pics
Julie for the pics
My Inner Councillor

read more of my pages from erotica to spirituality and everything inbetween by clicking on cnwriter at top of this page and here more
hereLifetimes with the Christ...Lady Anna
hereLifetimes...Carla in Italy
hereLifetimes in Scandinavia...
hereReturning Again...

website: http://carolan328.wix.com/cnwriter

No comments:

Post a Comment